The Caffeinated Life


I forgot how old am I, when I started drinking coffee from those 3 in 1 sachets. Usually loaded with sugar, they were the best "solution" when we needed to focus during exams. Coffee did not exactly start out as my favorite drink, because no kids would appreciate its bitterness at their first try. Until now, I would only appreciate coffee with milk - just eliminating the sugar, because it spoils the aroma of the coffee beans. 

Years down the road, caffeine became my everyday necessity. 
Be it a on-the-go kopi siu dai, to cafe hopping, I haven't lived a day without coffee since I don't-know-when. In the fast paced society today, we all need that cup of caffeine boost in order to focus and think. 

Today, not only do we need coffee for a quick perk, many of us also became coffee enthusiasts who travel around sipping different kinds of coffee made with different beans, roasting method and blends. 

Here are the few that I've bummed to while trying to get my caffeine fix:

Coffee Break @ Amoy 
Selling both traditional kopi and ang moh lattes.  

Kopi Guyu (Coffee with Butter) @ Heap Seng Leong Coffeeshop 
Heard about all the ah gongs who used to put a slab of butter into coffees? This coffeeshop is perhaps one of the few left in Singapore to remain its butter legend. Forget about the calories, the smoothness of the coffee was enough to make me finish the entire cup.  


Changi Coastal Settlement 

Enchanted Cafe 


Coffee on the rock @ Brunches Cafe 

Faculty of Caffeine, JB 

Bev's C, JB 

Compos Coffee, Melbourne

I like how entrepreneurs and baristas are coming up with new creative ways of presenting their coffee to customers. Be it coffee cubes, fancy foamy latte arts or cotton candy coffee, they tend to draw people like me to try them out. However, at the end of the day, what draws repeated customers are not just creative presentations, but the aroma and perfect blend of the coffee. 

Tell me what's my everyday to go coffee - I've stopped those 3 in 1 sachets since 3 years ago. Now I'm a full time nespresso with milk type of coffee drinker. 




Share:

0 comments