Issues

It was a breezy day, the sound of the leaves rustled against the wind. I sat down at a random cafe with my notebook and pen, carefully reflecting and planning on the agendas that I should commence on after graduating. The freedom of adulthood was exciting, and there are many things I want to do, many things I wish to achieve, and many people I want to bless with. 

I imagine working on a personal portfolio, attending social networking programs to get to know more about others and their aspirations, penning down my thoughts and traveling the world to find myself in my own unique identity.

I think, I thought, I imagined.... 


No. Scrap that. 


It was the same old day, the same old route where I take to work. I could see the familiar faces of the same people waiting for the train. The lady who always waits at the second door of the train with her Ted Baker handbag, and the young man with a mustache fixing his eyes on his iPhone game. After going through 8 hours of work and hopefully a good 1 hour of quality break time spent with our colleagues,  I crashed on my bed at the end of the day, fall deep into slumber and waking up with the same routine the next day. 

Everyone I knew was going through the routine, many of us sunk so deeply into the fast pace of our work, the number of documents we have to clear, the clients we have to meet and the targets we got to hit. We all have goals - work goals, that we forgot about the agendas that we used to plan before we enter into adulthood. 

Do we have time for that? 

Share:

0 comments