Artbox Singapore



15- 16 April / 22- 23 April 2017 

Looking at the crazy crowd posted on social media and in various articles, the Artbox totally looked like an infested ant nest when viewed from a drone. No doubt I am one of the enthusiasts who can't wait for Artbox to be launched in Singapore, but nah. I didn't get anything in the end. 

I mean, most of us love night markets. It is one of our "must go" places when we travel to Taiwan, Thailand, Korea or Japan. We love it when we walk down stalls after stalls with piping hot fishballs and sausages, chicken wings and fizzy fancy coke. 

So when Artbox announces that they're coming to Singapore, I was super excited! I remember going to the one at Bangkok and I really loved the artsy fartsy items and accessories that were sold at affordable prices, and also really good food on the go. 

Knowing that it's gonna be crowded, I purposely headed down at 2.45pm with Y, slightly after the rain stopped and before the flea officially starts. 















It was already crowded then we reached there, food stalls that were opened already have long queues that extended over to the next 4 stalls. Y was super excited over the chicken stick we had in Bangkok for 20cents,  but we totally walked off when it was 3 for $5 here. (Ok no this one cannot compare but we're so gonna order 10 sticks of this when we go back to Bangkok) Also, I saw phone casings that was as cheap as $8 elsewhere, sold here at $20. Not too sure if the rental is super expensive, or the cost of importing these goods were pricey, that they needed to raise the selling price. But overall, I think if there's good weather and with less than half of the crowd, it's gonna be a really awesome place to go to. 

Share:

0 comments